The FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) Drone Symposium will be held in the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida on April 28th. The fully in-person event is geared towards those who fly drones commercially, and is currently open for registration.
The focus of this year’s Symposium will be on the ways in which drones aid companies in conducting business, as well as how to safely make beyond visual line of sight operations routine.
The event welcomes all attendees’ thoughts and insights on a variety of topics, ranging from advanced drone and airspace integration, to UAS Traffic Management, to the Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) Aviation Rulemaking Committee’s recent report. Attendees will also be given the chance to meet with FAA experts at the event’s resource center. The Symposium is the perfect opportunity to connect with others in the industry, keep up to date on the latest developments, and make your voice heard.
The program consists of:
- 10:30 AM | Opening Remarks & Keynote, with Speaker Chris Rocheleau, Deputy Associate Administrator, FAA Aviation Safety
- 10:50 AM | Supply and Demand: Innovation in the Drone Service Supplier Industry
- 11:35 AM | Going Global: Take Your Drone Operations Around the World
- 12:20 PM | Lunch
- 1:20 PM | Messages & Learnings from the BVLOS ARC, with Jay Merkle, UAS Integration Office Executive Director
- 2:20 PM | Drone Integration: Where We’ve Been & Where We’re Going
- Drone integration has accelerated at a rapid pace, largely due to the strong partnerships
- 3:05 PM | An Airspace Integration Perspective: Challenges and Opportunities
- With Tim Arel, Acting Chief Operating Officer of the Air Traffic Organization
- 3:40 PM | Closing Keynote
- 4:00 PM | Symposium Concludes
Read more about FAA events:
Read more about AUVSI Xponential 2022:
Ian attended Dominican University of California, where he received a BA in English in 2019. With a lifelong passion for writing and storytelling and a keen interest in technology, he is now contributing to DroneLife as a staff writer.
Miriam McNabb is the Editor-in-Chief of DRONELIFE and CEO of JobForDrones, a professional drone services marketplace, and a fascinated observer of the emerging drone industry and the regulatory environment for drones. Miriam has penned over 3,000 articles focused on the commercial drone space and is an international speaker and recognized figure in the industry. Miriam has a degree from the University of Chicago and over 20 years of experience in high tech sales and marketing for new technologies.
For drone industry consulting or writing, Email Miriam.
Subscribe to DroneLife here.