SkyPixel and DJI Call for Entries for one of the biggest aerial photo and drone video contests around: the SkyPixel 7th Anniversary Aerial Photo & Video Contest. Compete for prizes that total more than $97,000 USD – and the glory. Find contest rules on SkyPixel here.
This year’s aerial photo and drone video contest will run from December 21, 2021 to February 21, 2022.
The drone video contest consists of 6 categories:
- Nature: Go out in the wild and capture the true beauty of nature.
- City: Document vibrant moments in the city and get immersed in energy, history, and humanity.
- Travel: Share a weekend getaway or an unforgettable adventure around the globe (people must be included in the video).
- FPV: Share an immersive flying experience and bring your audience even closer to the action and excitement.
- Sport: Capture moments in movement, showing the power and energy of people engaged in sports.
- Showreel: Shoot, edit and create a short video showcasing your very own memorable moments from 2021.
NOTE: All videos submitted must contain at least 30 seconds of aerial footage and must not exceed five minutes in length.
The aerial photo contest consists of 4 categories:
- Portrait: Capture a person’s expression, action or life’s passion in the vast beauty of their surroundings
- Nature: Capture a moment in time to reveal the true beauty of nature
- Architecture: Discover amazing structures from a new perspective
- Sport: Capture the energy and excitement of athletes.
NOTE: All photos must be shot on a drone, and each image must be at least 3 MB with a resolution of at least 300 dpi. EXIF data should be retained.
“There is no restriction on the type or brand of drones used and participants can submit as many photos or videos as they wish. Submissions will be assessed by the Judging Panel of incredible professionals in the industry, including Yann Arthus-Bertrand, Alex Mellis, Pieter de Vries, Stefan Foster, Karim Iliya, and Yunshan Yu,” says the press release.
This year, SkyPixel and DJI will give away more than 54 awards with a total value over USD 97,000. The grand prize winners in the photo and video category will each receive a DJI coupon of USD 7,500 which can be used for any DJI product. Prizes in other award categories include DJI Mavic 3, DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo, DJI RS 2 Pro Combo, DJI Action 2 Dual-Screen Combo, and other cool DJI products.
While artists can use any drone, there will be a special award for one aerial photographer and one drone video winner who used a DJI Mavic 3 to shoot their pieces. “Winners will each get to choose any DJI product valued under USD 6,000. In addition, all submissions shot on a Mavic 3 get a chance of getting selected by the editor and winning a 15% off coupon for DJI Mavic 3 accessories.”
Awards will be announced on March 22, 2022.
Miriam McNabb is the Editor-in-Chief of DRONELIFE and CEO of JobForDrones, a professional drone services marketplace, and a fascinated observer of the emerging drone industry and the regulatory environment for drones. Miriam has penned over 3,000 articles focused on the commercial drone space and is an international speaker and recognized figure in the industry. Miriam has a degree from the University of Chicago and over 20 years of experience in high tech sales and marketing for new technologies.
For drone industry consulting or writing, Email Miriam.
Subscribe to DroneLife here.