Come June, the Drone Racing League (DRL) will likely be launching its multi-million greenback second season on a quantity of sports activities channels all over the world. None of it will be attainable with no new fleet of lightning-fast racing drones.
Read extra: What Can We Expect From DRL in 2017?
Aside from futuristic tracks and well-crafted race highlights, DRL’s distinctive in the truth that it offers all rivals with the identical drone. These drones should be constructed earlier than the beginning of each season by DRL’s technicians, and several other are on the disposal of every pilot come race day.
This 12 months the DRL crew has been busy hand-building greater than 450 particular person racers, named the Racer3. The solely disgrace is that so many of them will find yourself in items as they mayhem of fpv racing will get underway. Check out the crash highlights video beneath for an concept of what to anticipate as soon as the season begins.
There are just a few standout highlights among the many statistics we’ve been despatched from DRL on the brand new Racer3. The first is the superior acceleration: Zero-80 mph in underneath one second. The carbon fiber frames will assist type a drone weighing in at 900 grams with greater than 16 kilos of thrust. The full listing from DRL is beneath:
DRL Racer3 Stats
- Acceleration: Zero-80 in underneath 1 second
- Top Speed: 85 MPH
- Altitude: Above the clouds (6-Eight km)
- Fleet: Over 450 identically designed, hand-built elite racing drones
- 16 Pounds Of Thrust, Eight:1 Power To Weight Ratio
- High Voltage Powertrain For Quick Motor Acceleration
- Stealth-Like, Diffused Polycarbonate Shell
- 210 RGB Leds For Pilot Identification And Visibility
- 6” Triblade Props For Agility And Traction
- F3 + Spi Mpu6000 + Betaflight For Flight Control
- Custom 1800Mah Internal 5-Cell Lipo Battery
- Proprietary Internal Long Range Radios For Live Events And Broadcast
- Carbon fiber body
- Weight: 900 grams
We’ve additionally bought a pair of close-up photographs of the Racer3:
We know for a indisputable fact that there are loads of drone racing fanatics on the market who’d prefer to see the official DRL drone go on sale to the general public. No phrase on that but, however who is aware of what might occur sooner or later.