SkyPixel, an aerial images neighborhood run in cooperation with DJI, kicks off its first aerial video contest of the 12 months right now. The 2017 SkyPixel Video Contest runs by August 2 and welcomes all drone customers to submit their movies in any of three classes: Nature, City, or Sport. The contest is open worldwide, whether or not you’re a new drone person, knowledgeable videographer, or somebody simply eager to showcase their creativity from above.
“Since its inception in 2014, SkyPixel has become the largest community for aerial enthusiasts and photographers from around the world. We now have over four million users worldwide using this platform as a way to share their perspective of the world and inspire others with this fantastic new art form,” stated Danny Zheng, DJI Vice President of Marketing.
“This art form is very much about storytelling and allows people to see or experience something different or otherwise out of reach. With this video contest, we hope it will expand creative possibilities even further and allow people to explore the world like never before.”
Participants can submit their work in any of the next:
- Nature: Tell us a narrative with panorama pictures, revealing the deep secrets and techniques of Mother Nature from above.
- City: Capture the character of your metropolis’s transformation or present us locations we all know and love, however from a model new perspective.
- Sport: Capture the power and pleasure behind a sport or an athlete pursuing their goals.
Videos captured from any kind of aerial platform are welcome. Submissions shouldn’t be longer than 5 minutes and will embrace a minimum of 30 seconds of aerial footage.
One Grand Prize winner might be chosen out of all of the entries. The winner will obtain a DJI Inspire 2 Premium Combo, Nikon D750 Body + 24-70 mm VR 2.eight Lens, Suunto Spartan Ultra Copper Special Edition (HR) Watch, LaCie d2 Thunderbolt three Hard Drive, an Oakley Latch Prizm Sunglasses, and a Tourism Australia Travel Package. Other prizes embrace the DJI Phantom four Pro, DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo, and DJI Spark, amongst others.
SkyPixel will even give out a People’s Choice Prize to the highest ten most appreciated movies (cut-off time for voting is August 2, 14:00). Winners will obtain a DJI Osmo Mobile, LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C Hard Drive, Suunto Traverse Alpha Black Watch, and an Oakley Latch Prizm Sunglasses.
The 2017 SkyPixel Video Contest is hosted by DJI, and is sponsored by Nikon, Adidas, and Raffles City.
Several famend videographers and influencers will act as judges and determine the competition’s winners.
- Phil Pastuhov – Aerial Director of Photography whose credit embrace the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Godzilla, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- Ning Hao – Director and screenwriter of a number of Chinese blockbusters. His breakout movie Crazy Stone (2006) earned a Golden Horse Award for Best Original Screenplay.
- Ryan Hosking – The youngest function movie Aerial Director of Photography. Ryan’s movie credit embrace The Revenant, American Sniper, The Nice Guys, and CHiPs.
- Filipe DeAndrade – 10-time Emmy award-winning Director of Photography, wildlife ambassador for National Geographic, and Nat Geo WILD
- Robin Mahieux – Robin has labored on inventive tasks for Chanel, Redbull, Sony, AIA, Cartier, Air China, Porsche, and Jaguar
- David Etienne – TV producer, director, pilot, and industrial drone pilot
- Andy Best – Renowned photographer and filmmaker
- Josh Raab – Multimedia Editor at TIME and professor on the International Center of Photography
- Brad Rickman – Digital Director for Condé Nast Traveler
Contest Start Date: June 2 2017, 14:00 CST
Contest Deadline: August 2 2017, 14:00 CST
Award Announcement: August 31, 2017 CST
For extra information in regards to the contest and the best way to enter, go to: https://www.skypixel.com/