Last week DJI launched a brand new Mavic Pro at IFA in Berlin: The Mavic Pro Platinum. There’s little doubt that it seems spectacular, however is there any substance beneath that shiny new paint job? And how does it evaluate to the earlier mannequin?
There are solely three actual variations between the Mavic Pro Platinum and the unique that was launched final yr: Noise discount, flight time and value.
Aside from these, the Platinum has been given a brand new silver facelift.
A Mavic Pro With More Stealth and a Few Extra Minutes in The Air
The Mavic Pro Platinum comes with new FOC sinusoidal driver ESCs and 8331 propellers. In layman’s phrases, because of this the brand new props are extra aerodynamic. The result’s a 60% discount in plane noise and a flight time prolonged from 27 minutes to 30.
The Price – How Much is The Mavic Pro Platinum? Is it Worth it?
The Mavic Pro Platinum is promoting for $1,099, $100 greater than the unique. So that additional $100 goes in the direction of new digital pace controllers, a $10 set of latest props and the platinum paint job.
It appears a steep value hike for pretty minimal advances on the unique mannequin, however that’s simply our opinion. Professional pilots who wish to eek out each final second will respect that a couple of extra minutes within the air could make all of the distinction. A considerably quieter drone is an interesting factor, too.
A pleasant center floor may be simply buying the brand new propellers on your authentic Mavic. They are appropriate, however received’t make as a lot of a distinction with out the brand new ESCs.
What are the primary variations between the Mavic Pro Platinum and Mavic Pro?
To summarize, the primary developments within the Mavic Pro Platinum are:
- The most flight time has been prolonged to 30 minutes and the utmost hovering time is now 27 minutes.
- The decibel stage of the Platinum has been decreased by four dB (60% noise energy discount) when it’s inside 1 m from the plane, via a mixture of the brand new aerodynamic props and the brand new ESC.
- It’s shinier.
Are the batteries interchangeable between the 2 Mavic fashions?
- Yes, the battery is strictly the identical so can be utilized with both Mavic.
Is the Mavic Pro Platinum waterproof?
- No, completely not. As the Mavic doesn’t have any sort of touchdown gear, ensure you take off and land in areas which are dry, flat and utterly freed from floor water.
Do Mavic Platinum propellers must be eliminated when being transported?
- No, the props fold in properly so there’s no have to take away them.
What occurs if the Mavic Pro Platinum props will not be totally unfolded earlier than take-off?
- This is the place our previous buddy physics turns out to be useful. As quickly because the rotors begin to spin, the centrifugal power will push the props into the proper place. There’s no want to fret about how they’re unfolded.