Yuneec simply unveiled three new drones right now at CES.
Two of the three characterize model new forays for Yuneec: the HD Racer drone is their very first racing drone, and the mounted wing Firebird FPV is their first ever mounted wing drone.
The third drone they launched right now is an enhanced model of their Typhoon H, the Typhoon H Plus.
These three drones characterize an growth by Yuneec into new sectors. Since shedding 50-70% of their workers final March, Yuneec appears to be bouncing again, aggressively selling their business drone, the H520, at commerce exhibits similar to InterDrone and elsewhere.
The entrance into the mounted wing and racing classes gives a possibility for pilots and lovers to make use of Yuneec merchandise in enjoyable, new methods and develop their inventive prospects.
– Wenyan Jiang, Chairwoman and Co-Founder of Yuneec International
Both the racer and the mounted wing are listed on the Yuneec web site as “Fun Flying” drones (together with the Breeze), which signifies that Yuneec is doubling down on producing consumer-focused drones. Given the stranglehold DJI has on that phase of the market, will probably be attention-grabbing to see what sort of traction Yuneec is ready to make with these two new drones.
Want to study extra about Yuneec’s new drones? Read on!
The HD Racer, Yuneec’s first racing drone, suits within the palm of your hand.
It comes with built-in flight stabilization, and newbie and superior modes that enable pilots of various ability ranges to attempt their hand at drone racing.
According to Yuneec, the HD Racer’s compact dimension, protected blades, and sturdy development make it protected to fly indoors.
The racing drone comes with an optimized, all-digital, low latency HD video downlink, and permits pilots to file and share their prime racing moments in excessive decision 1080p at 60fps. If pilots do crash, a ‘Flip-Up’ mode mechanically uprights the downed drone, which is fairly neat.
The HD Racer will retail at a low $179.99, and will likely be out there within the second half of 2018.
Specs & Details
- Take-off Weight: 2.3oz (65g)
- Battery: 1S 550mAh LI-PO Length: 5.3in (135mm)
- Width: 5.1in (130mm)
- Height: 1.8in (45mm)
- Flight Time: Up to six min
- Advanced HD Video hyperlink with close to zero delay for unmatched immersive racing expertise (Video latency underneath 100ms)
- Built-in flight stabilization with newbie and superior modes for any expertise degree
- Compact dimension, protected blades, and sturdy development allow protected flying indoors
Typhoon H Plus
The Typhoon H Plus is an even bigger, badder—and quieter—Typhoon H.
It options an all-new, bigger, extremely steady six rotor hex airframe, 40% discount in noise from earlier hex fashions, and steady flight in winds as much as 30mph.
The Typhoon H Plus is provided with a excessive aperture one-inch sensor digicam able to 20 megapixel stills and 4K decision video at 60fps. The new mannequin additionally comes with improved low-light efficiency in comparison with earlier fashions, in addition to a rotation gimbal and retractable touchdown gear that present 360-degree unobstructed views.
The Typhoon H Plus will retail at $1,799.99, and is slated to be out there within the first half of 2018.
Specs & Details
- Diagonal dimension: 520mm
- Weight (with digicam): four.four lbs
- Horizontal pace: 30mph
- Flight time: 28 minutes
- Battery: Lipo 4s 5250mAh
- Extremely steady flight in winds as much as 30 mph
- Quietest drone in its class—40% discount from earlier hex fashions
- Highly dependable PX4 flight stack primarily based on Dronecode’s common platform
- Powered by ST16S Smart Controller with built-in 7-inch excessive decision show
The Firebird FPV is a light-weight fixed-wing drone whose design extends flight time as much as 30 minutes.
According to Yuneec, the mounted wing design permits “the user to fly as if they were in the cockpit of a real airplane…[elevating] the senses for new and experienced pilots alike.”
Like the HD Racer, the Firebird FPV was created for each inexperienced persons and skilled pilots, which signifies that it’s fairly straightforward to fly. It comes with a Safety Mode that forestalls the drone from flying too low by permitting pilots to set a flooring altitude, and it additionally contains the options you’d count on, similar to Return Home and Auto Landing.
The Firebird FPV will retail at $699.99, and is slated to be out there within the first half of 2018.
Specs & Details
- Take off weight (with battery): 242.3oz (1200g)
- Wing Span: 47.2in (1200mm)
- Length: 32.7in (830mm)
- Flight pace: Max. 52 mph
- Flight Time: 25-30min
- Real time HD Video Transmission with First-Person-View goggles
- Safety Mode – removes all concern of flying too low by making it inconceivable to descend beneath the set “floor”
- Quick, no-hassle wing meeting for portability