Skylogic is conducting a brand new survey on the state of the drone trade, they usually want your assist.
When you’re taking Skylogic’s 10-minute survey, you’ll mechanically be entered to win certainly one of the following:
- A DJI Spark bundle ($425 worth)
- One of two $100 Visa reward playing cards
Everyone who takes the survey will probably be given a free abstract of Skylogic’s analysis outcomes ($95 worth), which will provide you with insights into who’s working the place in the drone trade, what sorts of drone are being flown, and extra.
Take the survey now.
About Skylogic’s Annual Surveys and Reports
Skylogic Research, LLC, is certainly one of the main analysis and advisory providers agency for the industrial drone trade, and proprietor of Drone Analyst®.
There is an absence of goal data on the drone trade. We discover an absence of credible market-based analysis and little understanding of the distinction between massive trade forecasts and precise purchaser adoption charges. This examine will make clear a lot of that.
– Colin Snow, CEO and Founder of Skylogic Research, LLC
This is the third 12 months that Skylogic has performed their annual survey, and the information produced over the final two years have been compelling, and revealed some attention-grabbing tendencies in the drone trade.
Last 12 months, Skylogic’s survey contained information on the place drone pilots had been making a living in the discipline, in addition to highlighting a spot between the areas the place drone pilots had been working and the areas the place they had been making important incomes.
Check out this pie chart from the 2017 report exhibiting the sectors the place drone pilots reported doing industrial work:
But simply because the majority of business drone operators reported that they had been working in aerial cinematography, that didn’t imply they had been making a living in that sector.
This truth is illustrated by a rating in the 2017 report that lists the prime 10 drone providers making over $100Okay/12 months—surprisingly, it’s Surveying / Mapping / GIS that ranks first in that listing, with Aerial Photography and/or Video coming in at #2.
After these first two, the third space listed the place drone pilots had been making over $100Okay/12 months is Utilities Infrastructure Inspection or Monitoring—the seventh merchandise listed in the pie chart of drone providers proven above, with solely 3% of respondents indicating that they work in that discipline.
Which is all to say that final 12 months’s report revealed potential market wants for drone pilots—areas the place drone pilots might beef up their abilities, and begin making some critical cash. For occasion, in the event you’re a industrial drone pilot attempting to drum up work, utilizing data in the report alone you would possibly determine to get good at Utilities Infrastructure work, since that’s one space for drone providers the place each the want and the cash appears to be.
Skylogic’s 2018 Drone Industry Benchmark Survey: Who’s Buying Drones, Using Drone Software, and Why?
According to Skylogic, their 2018 survey and ensuing report guarantees to be their most complete examine of drone market tendencies and utilization up to now.
The analysis will search to get details about who’s shopping for and utilizing UAVs, and is being supported by DJI, DroneDeploy, DroneInsurance coverage.com, and Trimble. The survey is designed to uncover recent insights on which drone trade sectors are thriving, which aren’t, and the way companies are utilizing drone-acquired information of their day-to-day operations.
The survey will discover:
- Who’s shopping for what sorts of drones from which makers at which costs and for what makes use of?
- How massive are drone-based service suppliers, and the way and the place are they positioning themselves to whom and which goal industries?
- What most considerations companies that carry out drone-based initiatives and why?
- How a lot are service suppliers, enterprise patrons, and public companies utilizing flight administration and information analytic software program for image-based initiatives?
- Critical trade drivers; vendor and repair supplier market share; and enterprise and public company adoption tendencies and points
Who ought to take the survey?
- Individuals or organizations who’ve bought a drone in the previous 12 months for any motive
- Commercial drone service suppliers
- Businesses, enterprises, and public companies that carry out drone-based operations
The survey will probably be open from now till August ninth, with prize winners introduced on August 10th. The report will probably be obtainable in early September, simply in time for the annual InterDrone convention.
Take the transient survey now, and enter to win a DJI Spark.