Guest submit from AirVuz —
Last 12 months, over 200 million folks loaded greater than 24 billion selfies onto Google servers.
In quick, everyone seems to be taking selfies.
If you’re amongst those that suppose selfies are outdated information, right here’s a brand new twist on how to take selfies to new heights. Literally.
It’s referred to as the “dronie,” and drone operators have been doing it for some time.
That’s proper, a dronie is a photograph or video of your self, however as an alternative of a telephone digital camera you’re utilizing a drone outfitted with a video digital camera.
Dronies are the “in” factor amongst drone fanatics, says Tyler Mason, director of digital media for AirVūz (www.airvuz.com), a world web site devoted to sharing drone movies. While AirVūz options tens of 1000’s of drone movies capturing lovely landscapes and death-defying excessive sports activities fanatics, the web site has seen a dramatic enhance within the variety of drone movies starring the operators and their buddies uploaded to its web site.
In reality, to arrange this “genre” of drone movies, AirVūz has added a selected class referred to as “People/Dronies” devoted to amassing footage of this sort.
The dronie is one thing like a ceremony of passage for drone operators. The footage alerts a certain quantity of talent that not many first-timers have. It takes appreciable apply to be comfy flying a drone round your self and different folks.
“Shooting a drone video that people want to watch takes a great deal of skill in operating your drone,” says Mason. “Taking a dronie is no easy feat. It takes a lot of control, especially if it involves an element of action, such as running or biking.”
While dronies could not make their debut on the pink carpets of Hollywood or the White House any time quickly, in the event you’re prepared to take your selfies to the subsequent degree, listed below are some suggestions from Mason on how to obtain the right dronie:
- Drone mannequin issues. Smaller, leisure drones are best to use when taking a dronie, in accordance to Mason. This rule of thumb is much more essential in the event you’re new to working a drone. A smaller drone will permit you to have extra management for maneuvering in these close-range of your self and your pals. Mason cautions newbies to drones: “You don’t need a big, top-of-the-line drone to do recreational filming.”
- Know the place you possibly can fly, and the place you possibly can’t. In some locations, it is perhaps sensible to simply pull out your smartphone to commemorate a location. However, lovely places equivalent to state and nationwide parks could not permit drones. And, in the event you’re wherever close to an airport, FAA laws are one other factor to fear about. Ignorance or disregard for native air authority can lead to confiscation, hefty fines and even arrest. That’s the place a wise telephone should be one of the simplest ways to seize a selfie.
- Know your limits; be secure. Though it’s your decision to seize the best dronie ever conceived by mankind, don’t take any dangers with your self or others. Always be in command of your drone, particularly when it’s close to your self or different folks. Biking, boarding, or different actions that make you do greater than fly your drone might not be the most effective thought.
- Define your private dronie model. See what has been accomplished on AirVuz, and distinguish your self by inventing your personal dronie model. Incorporate your travels and your pursuits to make your dronies adventurous and distinctive. Whether you make the most of particular pans, fly the drone round your head earlier than taking off into the space or put on a sure hat in your dronies, inventive expression will make them creative and distinguishable. After all, a dronie is all about you.
- Have your pals take part. Use your favourite folks to enable you to inform a narrative about your self or your location. If you’re in a very scenic space, unfold your pals all through a deliberate flying route so not solely is your viewers seeing the totally different points of the terrain, but additionally totally different folks in the course of the video. Use the drone to comply with a Frisbee go, then pan up to the panorama, or report an exercise you and your pals get pleasure from in a creative approach.
To be taught extra about drone movies, go to the AirVūz weblog