Parrot, the leading European drone group, and Pix4D, the leading professional photogrammetry and drone mapping software company, “are excited to announce the latest generation ANAFI USA drone is now compatible with the Pix4D software suite,” says a Parrot press release.
That’s not a surprise, as Parrot owns 95% of Pix4D. It does indicate, however, that Parrot is realizing the benefits of it’s partnership strategy. Through numerous partnerships with software providers and industry groups, Parrot is equipping the ANAFI USA – their made in the U.S., government approved, Blue sUAS – to be a complete solution for a variety of vertical markets.
In recent years, Parrot has been expanding its mature software ecosystem, thanks to its industry-leading complete Software Development Kit, which facilitates the implementation of the best tailored and end-to-end solutions by professionals from all around the world from public safety, search & rescue to defense and inspection fields.
“Parrot Group is the only true end-to-end player in the industry, that has been engineering and designing for years tailored solutions, from equipment to services and software, to meet the most demanding needs of professionals,”said Henri Seydoux, Founder and CEO of Parrot. “Working with a member of the group such as Pix4D is always an honor, as we are able to fully leverage the exceptional capabilities and potential of our drones with the best software solutions for each use case. We are designing together the future of professional drone use.”
“Following Pix4D’s strategy of focusing on creating value for professional users, the compatibility between Parrot’s ANAFI USA and Pix4D’s product portfolio aims to simplify workflows for professional users of drones in surveying, construction and emergency response applications,” said Christoph Strecha, Founder and CEO of Pix4D.
Find the full list of Pix4D software compatible with ANAFI USA here below:
- Pix4Dcapture: Easily plan and execute automated drone flights for optimal 2D and 3D mapping and modeling. The app allows first responders to cover an operational area and take the right images for precise measurements to enrich mission reports and improve the preparation of subsequent operations in complex or inaccessible areas.
- Pix4Dreact: Generate 2D terrain models and maps from images quickly and offline. Emergency response and public safety teams can identify and model priority areas for rapid intervention and detect missing persons or fires, without internet, even in devastated areas following a natural disaster.
- Pix4Dmapper: The leading 2D and 3D photogrammetry software. Optimal for many fields of applications and missions: law enforcement officers can map an accident scene to quickly clear a road, building inspectors can determine with high precision the conditions of buildings and infrastructure whilst surveyors can easily and quickly access crucial data, such as extraction volumes.
- Pix4Dcloud: The online platform for drone mapping, progress tracking, and site documentation.
ANAFI USA’s data combined with the use of Pix4Dcloud provides an affordable and easy way for building site surveyors to map, measure, and monitor the progress of their construction site and to adapt their expectations against their project schedules.
- Pix4Dscan: Professional drone flight app for optimal inspection data, compatible soon with the ANAFI USA. Pix4Dscan guides users to set the right parameters for an actionable dataset, track the mission’s progress with map view or monitor live with camera view. Pix4Dscan provides live telemetry data such as altitude, speed, gimbal pitch and more. Images can be uploaded to Pix4Dinspect to create accurate and easy to inspect 2D and 3D models.
- Pix4Dinspect: Automate industrial inspection and asset management with ANAFI USA’s images.
With ANAFI USA and Pix4Dinspect, surveyors can easily and automatically detect cell towers antennas andextract their height, dimensions, azimuth, downtilt and plumb.
- Pix4Dengine: Pix4D’s processing engine is customized to meet the needs of professionals. It can be hosted on Pix4D’s secure cloud computing server or on the client’s side, allowing teams to benefit from Pix4D algorithms with higher flexibility and custom integrations.
Miriam McNabb is the Editor-in-Chief of DRONELIFE and CEO of JobForDrones, a professional drone services marketplace, and a fascinated observer of the emerging drone industry and the regulatory environment for drones. Miriam has penned over 3,000 articles focused on the commercial drone space and is an international speaker and recognized figure in the industry. Miriam has a degree from the University of Chicago and over 20 years of experience in high tech sales and marketing for new technologies.
For drone industry consulting or writing, Email Miriam.
Subscribe to DroneLife here.