Gatwick Airport drone incident forces Britain to extend excl…

“The disruption caused by drones to flights at Gatwick airport last month was deliberate, irresponsible and calculated, as well as illegal,” Grayling told Parliament.

The Ministry of Defence remained on standby to deal with any further problems at Gatwick or any other airport, he added.

Loading

The government said the drone exclusion zone around airports would be extended to about five kilometres – with additional extensions at runway ends – from one kilometre now.

Grayling said the government would also begin testing the use of counter-drone technology as part of its response to a consultation begun before December’s disruption.

Previous Here Are The Winners Of Dronestagram’s 5th Annual Internatio…
Next Has The Mota Group Quietly Shut Down? The Curse Of The Lily …

Check Also

An Autonomous Drone Based on Animal Brains

Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands The “neuromorphic drone” flying over a flower pattern. It …

Manipur: Chief Minister calls drone attacks in Imphal West o…

Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh on Tuesday termed the drone bomb attacks on civilians …

Exit mobile version